Related Definitions, Terms, and Acronyms:
- Acne affected areas - the face, chest, back, shoulders and upper arms are especially affected.
- Acne synonyms - pimples or zits.
- Dermatology - a branch of medicine dealing with the skin, its structure, functions, and diseases, as well as its appendages (nails, hair, sweat glands).
- Accutane - brand name for isotretinoin, a generic medication used for the treatment of severe acne and most commonly known under the brands Accutane and Roaccutane.
- Retin-A - a trademarked brand name for Tretinoin, a retinoic acid cream used to treat acne and keratosis pilaris; it is claimed that it stimulates skin cell turnover and smoothes wrinkles.